I'm Lizzy, I'm 22 and I reblog a lot of bands and fandoms and stuff. Sometimes I post graphics I make and selfies of my weird face.
Starting Weight- 249 Current Weight- 228
Hello Friends!! I am here to inform you about a little thing called Toxic Shock Syndrome or TSS! I am making this because I’ve seen so many young girls who have been misinformed about it their whole lives and it’s unsettling.
- The first thing you should know is that you will probably never get it in your lifetime, nor will you ever know someone who gets it.
- There are around 20 cases per year in the US, and no, it is not always deadly.
- Anyone can get it at any age. Men can get it just as easily as women.
- TSS is caused by a type of staph bacteria getting into the blood stream, meaning you can get it from a paper cut getting infected, or a dog bite, or any open sores.
- You have antibodies in your blood to fight this type of staph infection.
- In fact, you might have this particular type of staph right now, as it is present in one third of the population and is almost always harmless.
- When people get TSS it’s because their bodies don’t produce the antibodies necessary to fight it.
- You ARE more likely to get TSS by using tampons, although you can get it by using pads too!
- Its very rare that someone dies from TSS due to tampon use.
- While you should 100% practice safe hygiene while wearing tampons (i.e. washing your hands properly before and after, cleaning yourself up, changing your tampon more than once a day, using the lowest absorbency necessary, etc.) there is very little chance you’ll ever get it!
- Yes, you can wear tampons overnight, just change it before you go to bed and upon waking up.
For you girls afraid of using tampons because you think you’ll die, don’t stress so much! TSS is easily treatable when caught early on. Tampons have their bad reputation because of a case in the late 70’s/early 80’s where a certain brand of tampon caused the death of a bunch of girls, but those particular tampons have been removed since and haven’t been sold in over 20 years. (If you don’t use them for religious or other reasons that’s totally cool though!) Stay informed, and don’t listen to girls in the 8th grade gym locker room telling you that they’ll kill you.
what do u mean i don’t have a social life I just went grocery shopping with my mom
yo i ain’t saying she’s a gold-digger but she does carry a weird pan everywhere and keep mumbling stuff about “gold in them there hills” idk so yeah she is probably a gold digger
some of the people on my dash i just assume are their icons bc i’ve never seen their pics so it’s like “oh look gandalf is up late bloggin again”